One Day Drone Flying Course - £155 (Devon Only)
- The one day drone course runs 9.30am to 4.30pm with a break for lunch
- Maximum of 4 students per instructor with 2 students per drone, 2 students per drone simulator
- Safety and technical briefing
- Practice on the interactive DJI flight simulator
- Professional drone pilot will teach and advise you
- Instruction on the different settings, flight modes in the DJI Go app and on the controller.
- Get to fly a selection of the latest DJI drones
- Opportunity to take still photos and video
- Review of the detailed camera setting to get the best still images and video
- Review of your images taken on a laptop using Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop and Premiere Pro
- Opportunity to bring and set up your own DJI Drone
Please ring 01271 329025 or 07867 556233 to book any course
What happens on the one day drone course
On arrival at the venue you will check in and receive a safety and technical briefing from a CAA approved experienced drone instructor. They will discuss the controls with you as well as the route that you will follow, then it’s on to the indoor interactive flight simulators to learn the controls and fly the drone.
Your drone and simulator will be shared with up to one other participant, who will take it in turns with you to be an observer and pilot. You will swap roles for the flights.
Then you will fly the small DJI Tello drone indoors and really hone your flying skills.
Then you go outside to have your first experience of the real flying.
- Break for lunch
Then you will have instruction on the various flight modes, camera and video operation on the DJI Go app and Controller.
Back to more real flying and a chance to fly the different DJI drones.
You will be given a short practical session on flying and using the best camera settings to take still images and video footage.
Take sample still image and video of the flying area and your group
Once you have completed your final take off and landing, the instructor will review the images and video in Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop or Premiere Pro and show you some editing tips to get the best out of your drone.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY ONLY OFFERED AT OUR DEVON DRONE SCHOOL
Take a look at the half day course
What if you want to do a full commercial drone pilot course
Ok you have the bug and want to go further in using you new drone skills.
If you to use a drone for profit, such as to film a video or a commercial or any project where you’ll be paid, then you will need permission from the CAA. You have to be over 18 years of age.
If you have completed our one day drone course you will get £50 discount off the full commercial drone training GVC Course delivered by CDT in Devon. This discount is valid for a year from the date of your Drone School UK one day drone course.
To get this CAA Permission, the commercial drone training course will train you to:
- demonstrate a sufficient understanding of aviation theory (airmanship, airspace, aviation law and good flying practice)
- pass a practical flight assessment (flight test)
- develop basic procedures for conducting the type of flights you want to do and set these out in an Operations Manual
- help you develop an operations manual and will offer advice on completing any additional paperwork.